Thread: Any good news?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 10:26 AM   #47
shorty943
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros1 View Post
Ah, but do you have bridges with dead rocker bearings on the railroad end which might pull the other end off the road level supports and drop it onto the supports underneath?

Here, they make the railroads fix the crossings so they're smooth if not level.

Put it this way.

I'll swim the river.

I don't catch trains.

And, there ain't no such thing, in the entire universe as a, smooth, level, railroad crossing.
I just can't believe it. Nope, it don't exist.

On another note.
And at this very moment, I am watching a documentary titled "Hoovers Gold". By, Mago Productions. Interesting.

The story of your 31st president, Herbert Hoover. It takes off in the now long dead West Australian mining town of Gwalia. The company, Gwalia Gold. He was Inspector General of the West Aussie gold mines. The very mines that re-wrote the world standard for gold purity.

Better than the movie a couple of weeks ago titled "The Pirates of Silicon Valley".
That portrayed Mrs Gates little boy, Bill, in a pretty poor light. Mind you, the rest of that mob didn't come out shiny and nice either.

Other Americans who made a mark here. The Chaffey brothers came from California, to help set up our inland irrigation systems, 1880's or 1890's. They tried to institute some stupid, dry company town, no pub puritan policy. They went back to sunny California, somewhat disillusioned.
Idiots. The only place in the world that drinks more beer than Australia is Germany. And that is only because there are more of them than us.
But, we are working on that.

And a rabble rouser, name of Lawton. Came out from California during our gold rush.
Caused all sorts of trouble with his gun happy ways. Nasty business, the "Eureka Stockade" became.
shorty943 is offline   Reply With Quote