View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 03:29 AM   #1
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Default Bon Voyage TSR Preview

In case anyone is interested & doesn't already know about it, here is a link to the "Preview Review" of the upcomming (September 5th for the USA) EP Bon Voyage.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/article/bonvoyage1

Kepping in mind that this review is about the Alpha version (so things can still change) here is my lil take on things, for what it's worth:

Things That Looked Fun To Me

- Sims can build & own their own Vacation Houses & invite friends to come over.
- You can now get married on Community lots & on vacation.
- Sims can choose to walk to Community lots instead of taking a car/taxi.
- Sims can swim in open water (i.e. the ocean).
- Rings, necklaces, watches & face piercings are now available.
- Sims can learn the "massage" skill.
- Sims actually learn to become "better" travelers & this will effect how the locals treat you! (If you haven't learn the proper regional greeting for example, the local population won't warm up to you as fast.)
- University students can go on vacation! (Just think of the "spring break" parties! )

Things I Was Disapointed About

- Pets can't go on vacation! (Boo! Hiss! Shame on you Maxis! ) They might be able to go to vacation homes but it's not certain yet.
- The "8 Sim Limit" on vacations seems kinda low if you want to hold a real humdinger bash. (I'm thinking that will be one of the first things hacked.)

All in all, it sounds like alot of fun (but I enjoy all the EPs) & I'm looking forward to it. I will almost certainly be one of the first people to inflict it onto my game...though I may hold off untill both InTeen & SimPE are updated for it!