View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 06:43 PM   #18
Greg
Da Guy Wut Owns Dis Joint

Somewhere in the Hullabaloo, there's a thread from about 18 months ago where you mentioned your world champion daddy sim. I don't remember what the exact number was but his production of progeny made ol' Gregsim look like a virgin. I don't remember the number but I think it might have been more than 100.

Since I already had Xanadu with only two lots and a bunch of doubles of the main characters, I started using it to see if Gregsim could match Whathisname's record. I added a rule to the challenge: He has to maintain a best-friends relationship with ALL his offspring.

I just checked up on N008 Gregsim in SimPE, and I think I might have sussed the problem: He has memories that go all the way back to Baumdbout! He even remembers being potty-trained! Then there was his iniquitious career as a teenager. The memories went on for pages and pages, with at least half a dozen memories of every sim he ever met, ever child who got an A+ or grew up well, and on and on.

So, I cleaned out his memories, retaining only the highest level memory of sims he'd met. Considering his iniquitous hobby, he still has more purple hearts than a battalion of marines, but at least he doesn't remember meeting every trivial townie in a different universe!

Now to test it.