View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 12:19 AM   #7
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

I haven't used the "delete characters" thing at all, actually! I read in your "How To Prevent Ugly Townies" post where you cationed agaist it, as it could leave stuff behind that may lead to a BFBVFS, so I chickened out.

I don't like BFBVFS.

For my "Townie Replacement Project" I first grabbed all of Nailati's templetes, then picked through TONS of templetes on MTS2 untill I pieced together a complete set. (Including replacements for the Pollination Tech & PlantSim genetics! )

After I was done with that, I settled on deleting everything in the Program Files/N001 Character folder (after zipping up a backup copy) & just picking slowly through my Riverblossom Hills, Pleasantview, Strangetown & Veronaville hoods with SimPE & a fine tooth comb (& your excellent instructions) to weed out some of the various un-met Townies.

I am, however, currently testing 2 new behavior mods, one that enables Childhood Crushes & one that is suposed to let Teens roll some of the more "Adult" wants if you have an InTeen/WooHooTeens type program installed. (I'm always looking for good story enhancements! ) While niether one reads as conflicting with anything else I have (thankyou HCDU! ) there is definately something strange happening here!

As for my mod tests, the "Teen Wants" one seems to be doing it's job (Tybalt Capp has now come-on to 4 women, all grownups, including the Garden Club Lady! ) & I won't know about the Chilhood Crushes one untill I get back to a family with children.

So, getting back to Nervous & his...er...lil "problem", I'm thinking it is probabely a by-product of somekind of hiden "mod clash" or something?

It could also be a problem with "Junk Townie Syndrom", as it's known on the InTeen site. Apparently some of the charcters in Strangetown & Veronaville contain "bab data" that is never a problem unless you install InTeen, which "relies on the integrity of this data", to quote the manual. Thankfully, InTeen will fix this data itself, but I have to spawn the Sim-in-question's Biological Clock, which I haven't done yet to Nervous, since he doesn't have a girlfriend yet...though it looks like he's about due!

At least there are no hearts in his relationship panel! Oh, & incase anyone is wondering, while Laika is most greatful for having been rescued from the local shelter, she still thinks of Nervous as a very good friend & nothing more!

Last edited by Zirconia Wolf : 07-16-2007 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Fixing wording
Zirconia Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote