View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
Zirconia Wolf
Reticulated MoonBat

Default Free Time Fresh Install Questions

Long story short, I did a dumb thing (pretty sure I know what it was, too) & have managed to cause all the Tombstones/Urns & many of the outside Trash Cans to go AWOL in Pleasantview, Strangetown & Veronaville.

I have a terrible feeling that this may need to be rectified by a reinstall.

Now for the "short story, long" part:

Traditionally, a reinstall for me means a painstakingly long process involving loading the game EP by EP, SP by SP Patch by Patch, with a boot-up, load, play session with every EP. My reasons are that I have a very clear "how I want things to start" vision in my head when it comes to the various pre-scripted Maxian stories & experience has taught me that some of these things were pretty "borked" on a fresh Seasons (or any EP) installation.

For instance, Nervous Subject's fear of vermin (which he "needs" to cause his breakdown) is gone in my game as soon as I have added NL. The bills that Darren Dreamer is supposed to have to pay are not present after adding NL. Pets seems to mess up Dustin Broke's sneak-out with Angela Pleasant...well, you get the picture!

Being faced with yet another reinstall however has got me wondering just how the game "plays out" on a fresh everything-up-to FT installation. As I have all the SPs/EPs currently out (& a SecuROM free exe file for the ones that need them) I thought I would ask if anyone out there who has done a fresh install up to FT could tell me what they noticed about the pre-scripted stuff. I can live without Nervous Subject's fear of vermin, but it would be nice to know if Darren Dreamer still starts out wanting to increase his Creativity skill & get closer to Cassandra, etc..

Thanks,

-ZW