Sun Sims Forums

Sun Sims Forums (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Forum (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Prayers needed... (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468)

Miros1 08-05-2007 02:43 PM

Prayers needed...

My mother-in-law is at Cleveland Clinic getting a liver transplant.

Didn't say anything earlier, because I had a real problem asking people to pray that someone else dies...

Sita 08-05-2007 03:28 PM

oh Rose <hugs> You and your mother-in-law have my prayers!

Miros1 08-05-2007 03:41 PM

Thanks Sita!

Zirconia Wolf 08-05-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miros1
...Didn't say anything earlier, because I had a real problem asking people to pray that someone else dies...

If it makes you feel any better, keep in mind that we won't be praying for someone else to die; we will be praying that when the somebody else dies that is a perfect match for your Mother-in-law her surgery goes well & she makes a full & speedy recovery.

(Hugs)

innocentmonster 08-05-2007 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zirconia Wolf (Post 3592)
If it makes you feel any better, keep in mind that we won't be praying for someone else to die; we will be praying that when the somebody else dies that is a perfect match for your Mother-in-law her surgery goes well & she makes a full & speedy recovery.

(Hugs)

I agree.I hope she gets better.

Miros1 08-05-2007 06:26 PM

Well, um, the liver is available, and no one in the family did a live donation, so, someone already died. Their wonderful grieving family carried through that person's wish to donate their organs.

This happened in the nick of time -- she's been going downhill faster for the last couple weeks.

The transplant surgery should be about finished by now. Haven't heard any news yet.

Thank you for your prayers!

Greg 08-05-2007 07:01 PM

Oh, golly, thoughts and prayers, Rose.

Don't let the notion of praying that someone dies concern you. Death is a part of life, one to a customer. What we would have been praying for is that among the deaths of this time, there would be one who was able to give the gift of life to your mother-in-law, and it appears that there was!

homerette 08-05-2007 08:00 PM

I've arrived a tad late to the gate, but I don't think extra prayers would be a bad thing. Hopefully all went well and a smooth recovery is in the cards.

Miros1 08-05-2007 10:56 PM

Extra prayers and good thoughts are always helpful! Although she's got the liver, there's still a long road ahead.

Thank you, everyone!

Miros1 08-06-2007 03:12 AM

Just heard from the bro-in-law. They were just finishing up the operation about 11pm. She came through fine!

homerette 08-06-2007 07:07 AM

Glad to hear it!

shorty943 08-06-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miros1 (Post 3589)
My mother-in-law is at Cleveland Clinic getting a liver transplant.

Didn't say anything earlier, because I had a real problem asking people to pray that someone else dies...

Silly girl, make shorty misty eyes. Look at it like a brownie point with St Peter for the deceased. Even at the direst time of their life, they were still able to help your mother in law.
Nice little Karmic kick start for their exciting new journey.

Big wicca boost for M's Mum in law, and one for Lady M and brother as well.

I'm glad all is well.

Miros1 08-06-2007 01:07 PM

Thank you everyone! Haven't got the morning progress report yet, or I'd relay it to you.

Zenmistress 08-06-2007 11:59 PM

Rose, I'm glad to hear your mom-in-law came throught the surgery. My prayers and wishes for her full recovery.

Greg 08-07-2007 01:33 AM

We're all still cheering from the sidelines, Rose!

Miros1 08-07-2007 10:23 AM

She's coming along fast -- the doctors are already talking about moving her from ICU to the regular transplant ward. Even still doped up, her mind is clearer than it was before surgery. Liver failure is not a nice way to go!

Kaylyn 08-07-2007 02:25 PM

My thoughts are with you, Rose!

Since I want to be cremated and thus have no need for an open casket or anything, I plan on donating anything and everything that is still usable when that time comes for me. It's about time to renew my license, so I can register then. I sincerely hope that my death can save someone else's life, and that a part of me can continue to live on...

Miros1 08-07-2007 06:40 PM

Woot! There's Kaylyn!

I'm glad to hear you're an organ donor (or will be one).

For those that do want to be laid out... undertakers can hide everything except missing facial or hand skin, and they could probably fake that if necessary.

homerette 08-08-2007 08:01 AM

Glad to hear things are going swimmingly! A friend of mine's mom is suffering with her liver as well, and you are so right, it's not pretty.

innocentmonster 08-08-2007 01:19 PM

Happy things are ok.My religion doesn't alow me to give organs but I share my kindness with my heart.