Sun Sims Forums

Sun Sims Forums (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Forum (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Shooting at JSC (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275)

Greg 04-20-2007 11:04 PM

Shooting at JSC

Just in case anyone is wondering: I wasn't there. I wasn't even on site at the Johnson Space Center this afternoon.

If you're watching television, you know more about it than I. They said the gunman was a fellow between 50 and 60 years old, white male who worked for Jacobs Engineering, named William Phillips. I didn't know him; didn't work in that division; can't guess why he wanted somebody dead or why he was willing to sacrifice his own life to achieve that goal.

Greg 04-21-2007 05:18 AM

Oh, golly. I made the mistake of turning on CNN to see if they had any more news. You'd think I'd know better by now. There are liars, damn liars, and then there's CNN. Sheesh.

homerette 04-21-2007 05:59 AM

Haven't once watched the news or read a single article about the whole VA Tech thing since the first day ended. Utter BS is all they spout. That and inflammatory jargon. So glad to know you're well, Greg.

Miros1 04-21-2007 10:49 AM

Greg, I found out about it from your post; the only thing on the news here was that it was all over.

Greg 04-21-2007 04:28 PM

That's good, Rose. Most of the big networks seem to have covered it fairly responsibly, except of course for CNN. They went on for hours with over-dramatized distortions, mistruths, and outright lies about security at JSC. They even ignored the facts reported earlier on their own network. Typical truth-be-damned CNN reporting.

There have been a few more sparse bits of information from the local news. Apparently what happened was exactly as I said before: One fellow at JSC thought that a co-worker needed to be dead and was willing to sacrifice his own life to make it happen. It was a work-related dispute.

Crystal Raven 04-21-2007 11:51 PM

good to know your ok, ty!

mikedelaney16 04-22-2007 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg (Post 1210)
That's good, Rose. Most of the big networks seem to have covered it fairly responsibly, except of course for CNN. They went on for hours with over-dramatized distortions, mistruths, and outright lies about security at JSC. They even ignored the facts reported earlier on their own network. Typical truth-be-damned CNN reporting.

But, but, but Greg......

If they didn't do that then people like us couldn't stand in our living rooms entertaining the family by yelling at the TV!

MikeD

Greg 04-22-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikedelaney16 (Post 1237)
But, but, but Greg......

If they didn't do that then people like us couldn't stand in our living rooms entertaining the family by yelling at the TV!

MikeD

An excellent point, though the entertainment value is rather diluted when someone points out the the remote control is the assassin of the evil.