Sun Sims Forums

Sun Sims Forums (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help Desk (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Butterflies & Custom Paintings (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431)

Zirconia Wolf 07-12-2007 04:10 PM

Butterflies & Custom Paintings

Two inquires:

1) Is there any way to keep jars of butterflies alive forever like the "bugjar" cheat does for fireflies? (Seasons)

&

2) Is there a way to enable the option "Continue Painting" when painting a Custom paining? (Darren has had to scrap 4 of them so far! He just can't keep painting long enough to paint them in one setting! )

Miros1 07-12-2007 07:35 PM

#1 None I've heard of.
#2 Make sure Macrotastics/Skillinator is up to date. I've heard you can lose "Continue Painting" if your Macrotastics is outdated.

Zirconia Wolf 07-12-2007 09:28 PM

Hmm...I don't think I'm even using the Skillinator anymore.

I should have explained that I have the "Continue" option for regular Paintings, Still Lifes & Portraits. It's only when I try & paint one from the Custom selection that I have to keep painting or scrap it.

Maybe the Skillinator would fix this?

Miros1 07-12-2007 10:39 PM

Can't hurt, can it? IIRC, "Custom" is a newer feature than the others. It might be that Maxis messed it up and no one's noticed yet, since Maxis supplied such ugly "art"!

Zirconia Wolf 07-13-2007 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miros1 (Post 2775)
It might be that Maxis messed it up and no one's noticed yet, since Maxis supplied such ugly "art"!

Too true! Just so you don't think I'm a complete doofus, I would like to explain that it's not the Maxis pictures but user/me created ones that I'm desperately trying to get into my game! (Although the missing "Continue" feature was missing for the Maxis ones too. )

I have also just come across two different mods, "Paint Faster" & "Paint Even Faster" that may also solve my problem. They both speed up the time it takes to complete a picture to be 2 hours & 1 hour (for a level 10 creative Sim) respectively.

***update***

I re-installed the newest (Seasons ok) Macro/Skillinator files & had several "jump bugs" happen in-game. (I almost NEVER see jump bugs! ) I'm not sure if it was the Skillinator files or not but I'm removing them (again) to see if that fixes it.

Greg 07-13-2007 10:13 AM

Considering how short sims' lives are, 1 hour sounds about right.

If I recall correctly, Michael Whelan told me that it takes him about three days to do a book cover once he seriously gets going on it. Allowing for overhead, he averages about one painting a week.

Zirconia Wolf 07-16-2007 03:30 AM

Just an update:

The Skillinator was not the problem, but I tracked down my JumpBug offender.

I am using the "2 hour" paint thing & it is nice! Haven't tried a Custom one yet, but there shouldn't be a problem painting them in one sitting now.

Greg 07-16-2007 03:20 PM

I'd be happy just to be able to load the furshlugginer game in less than two hours! :laugh: