Sun Sims Forums

Sun Sims Forums (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/index.php)
-   All About Sun Sims (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Image Hosting (http://www.sunsims.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31)

Greg 03-12-2007 03:56 AM

Image Hosting

After trying several alternatives, it looks like we'll have to use an external image hosting service for images to be displayed in posts (unless you have your own site where you can host images, of course).

photobucket seems to be very popular among Sims fans, and usually works quite well.

Don't put adult-oriented images on photobucket; they'll be deleted. But then, don't put adult-oriented images on Sun Sims, either! Once Sun Sims returns from its shakedown cruise, I'll get a seperate adult board going for the fun stuff.

Zirconia Wolf 04-19-2007 04:17 PM

Er...would someone mind telling me how to include pictures in a post? (Yes, I'm a moron. )

I already have a photobucket account, just don't yet know how to link to it via a thread post. Also, what's the preferd/maxium size allowed?

Thanks!

-ZW

Greg 04-19-2007 05:15 PM

Put the URL of the image in between [img]...[/img] tags. For example:

[img]http://www.sunsims.com/thesims2/images/ts2screens/bonnyviewshores/broadleaf_007_398x299.jpg[/img]

The Broadleaf Babies

Miros1 04-19-2007 07:34 PM

Photobucket also has a cool feature... on your album page you can do one of two things: (Actually more, but these are the important ones!)

If you want just the url or the fully formated [ img ] tag, you can just click on the appropriate field and a yellow tooltip will flash up "Copied." No dragging required. At that point, the info is in your clipboard and you can switch to SunSims and paste it in place.

You can also check the checkboxes next to one or more images and then click the "HTML/IMG" button at the bottom. That switches you to another page where you can copy (just like above) the complete code for a clickable thumbnail.

Greg 04-20-2007 02:05 AM

I'm amazed that Photobucket can pay its bills for all this with just advertising, but it seems to be working!

Miros1 04-20-2007 03:49 AM

I think they sell prints of the images too... but I doubt that more than 1 in 100 gets ordered!

Greg 04-20-2007 04:45 AM

That must be it. Even if it's 1 in 10,000, they can probably break even that way.

Zirconia Wolf 04-20-2007 05:15 PM

Cool! Thanks for the info!

(runs off to see what pictures I have that others might enjoy... )

-ZW

Miros1 04-20-2007 06:08 PM

Just post more cute toddler/dog interactions until Greg gives in and installed the EP.

Greg 04-20-2007 08:00 PM

I shall resist... I am strong... I shall resist...

Miros1 04-20-2007 08:38 PM

But you want puppies to lick toddlers and toddlers to maul, err, cuddle dogs...

Greg 04-21-2007 04:32 PM

Yeah, that would be cute to watch if I ever have time to actually play the game instead of using it to set up scenes for stories! :lol:

Miros1 04-21-2007 06:53 PM

You'll notice my whole story thread is toddlers mauling, err, cuddling dogs... I bet Bernadette would like a nice doggie to maul, err, cuddle! The dog could help her watch the fish too. That's companionship!

And get ACR. The Sims will run their own love lives and let you concentrate on important stuff, like doggie cuddling. Anyone wanna bet Sheba never comes up for air?

Greg 04-21-2007 09:11 PM

"ACR"?

There's something weird about this board. It won't let me type "ACR" in uppercase.

Miros1 04-21-2007 11:00 PM

Autonomous Casual Romance by TwoJeffs

Greg 04-22-2007 03:19 AM

Based on its title, that sounds like just about the last thing I'd ever want to have in my game.

Zirconia Wolf 04-22-2007 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg (Post 1232)
Based on its title, that sounds like just about the last thing I'd ever want to have in my game.

Ditto!

Sims (especially those "Romance" Sims) are hard enough to controll without them making "those" kind of decisions on their own! I much prefer playing as a mirco-managing type of god.

Of coarse that still isn't an excuse to deprive your Sims all the joy (and cuteness) that comes from pet ownership!

-ZW

Miros1 04-22-2007 05:32 AM

Once my Sims are in a commited relationship, they only get to be Autonomous with their significant other. Very few of my Sims get to boff everything that moves.

Since my elders are usually on Power Idle waiting for the Baby Controller to put them to work, they're always wandering off for an ACR quickie!

Greg 04-23-2007 05:24 AM

I s'pose if the hack could be applied in just one neighborhood, and if I ever again created a neighborhood like The Meat Market used to be, I just might have a use for such a hack.

Miros1 04-23-2007 07:03 AM

Well, the settings are applied at the neighborhood level, so you could turn Off autonomy in the hood that you didn't want ACR.

I actually use it for one click WooHoo so you don't feel like a p0rn director.